Leaving the bright lights and folk-in-the-forest stylings behind; Ellie Goulding embarks on a new 2012 UK tour
Ellie Goulding has released details of a new UK tour in support of her second studio album ‘Halcyon’, which is due out on October 8th, 2012 (UK) and October 9th, 2012 (US). Tickets go on general sale from 9am on September 21st, 2012.
Ellie Goulding‘s 2012 UK tour dates are as follows:
- December 7 – Bristol, Academy
- December 8 – Liverpool, Academy
- December 11 – Nottingham, Rock City
- December 12 – London, Brixton Academy
- December 13 – Glasgow, Academy
- December 15 – Leeds, Academy
- December 16 – Birmingham, Academy
- December 17 – Manchester, Academy
- December 18 – Southampton, Guildhall
‘Anything Could Happen’ is the first single to be released from the record and the accompanying music video is somewhat of a departure from the bright lights and folk-in-the-forest stylings seen on Goulding’s debut album. The plotline is as dramatic and menacing as the cliffs that line the beachfront location, with Goulding and her travelling companion apparantely surviving a crash of apocalyptic proportions. Goulding emerges from the wreckage relatively unscathed and ready to embark on the next phase of her existence. The track perfectly signposts listeners in the direction of what is to come with the rest of the material on ‘Halcyon’ and it would appear that Goulding is not just being creatively inspired by boyfriend Skrillex – she is starting to bear more than a passing resemblance to him!